David Bowie is somewhere between 67 and 68, and he just released what could be his best work. Bold statement, too bold: we'll emend it to "in the top five of his best albums". You can probably tell from the fact I use the word "album" that I'm old; then I'm rating Bowie albums, so I've gotta be, like, ancient.
My favorite Bowie thing - I don't figure it in to any lists - is 'Low', the Philip Glass symphony. Brian Eno's in there too. Needless to say, you can't go wrong picking that up.
Ups to the YouTube, they've posted a, what would we call it, it's a short film around 'The Stars (are Out Tonight)'. It's not the best track, it's not the worst, but if you're interested, it serves as an extended sneak preview of what you get.
Age, I'm convinced, is good.
Safe.
No comments:
Post a Comment