Could be I'm built for Buddhism.
Long time ago, I found I had to become process-oriented, not goal-oriented, this for my own mental health. I have zero control over what happens to or with the things I make; all that's in my control - and not even entirely at that - is the making. There's a peace to that.
Orders, authority, I always had difficulty with those. One time, I was talking with an old friend who was, in a teasing manner, trying to convert me to anarcho-syndicalism, or at least decentralized socialism. Out of my mouth, from somewhere deep in my being, came, "I'd commit to anarchism, but there are too many rules."
Then I'm filled with this boundless gratitude, but have no way to express it, or rather, no one to express it to. Been looking for a way to pray for a long time.
No comments:
Post a Comment